Categories = Home - Articles - Daily Posts - Multimedia



DJ mck Production Background

DJ mck - My Music Productions
Press the Play icon ( I> ) to start the mp3 player. Use the scroll bar to the right of the track listings to browse all the songs. Visit DJ mck at MySpace for more information about this featured musician.






In addition to my blogging, working, and everyday life, I have over a decade of musical experience that I put to practice regularly. It start out with an ole Memphis electric guitar when I was 12 years old. I upgraded to a Fender Stratocaster. Then after several year of learning the guitar with the help of some lessons and one brief stay as a guitarist in a local group. I had the desire pursue other instruments. My next instrument of choice was piano and percussion in the form of a KORG N5 Music Synthesizer. Learning to play piano and getting used to using MIDI and percussion sequencing had me favoring the Drum and Bass genre of music. Shortly thereafter I acquired two additional synthesizers to increase the number of sounds and MIDI tracks I could utilize with the KORG N5. Naturally I went back to the KORG brand and got two of the early Electribe series synthesizers. They were the ER (Electribe Rhythm) and EA (Electribe Analog).

Now having adequate equipment to produce good music I looked to methods of recording. Quality digital track recorders as expensive as they were then I couldn't afford to record my music properly. So I looked to the handy ole PC. With a little help from an audio cable adapter and Sony SoundForge, I was able to begin to digitize my music and also learn the ins and outs of digital audio editing. Some how that in turn led to an interest in PC based music creation. It started with Propellerhead Softwares Rebirth in conjunction with Sony's Acid Pro Loop Studio. Then when Propellerhead released the extremely powerful Reason with its virtual studio production capabilities, I was hooked. I also dabbled in FL Studio. Shortly following that I even sold all my synthesizers, now viewing them to be cumbersome and obsolete compared to the limitless capabilities of Reason.

Many years and tracks later I decide to again take a peak at the hardware side of music creation. That being what got me started in the Drum and Bass genre I missed the hands on touch. The progression of synthesizer technology was also impressive. Going back to the brand I had so much success with was a natural decision. So I knuckled down and went with a KORG EMX (Electribe Music Creation Station). It was similar to old Electribe but ten times as powerful. KORG had combined the drum machine capabilities of the ER with the tone generation of the EA. With an added bonus of vacuum tubes for all the warm from tubed Gain. The mp3 player at the top of this article has a large variety of tracks I have created with the KORG EMX and PC production software (Reason, FL Studio, SoundForge, Acid Pro). Enjoy and stop by MySpace Music to purchase a few tracks if you like it.

No comments:







Powered by Blogger